Evidence and Outcomes Liaison-Oncology
Do you have deep expertise in oncology related products or therapeutics? Do you desired a role that will directly engage value and population focused customers to answer their questions and provide the evidence they request? Are you eager to represent the customers voice in areas such as formulary management; pharmaceutical selection, access, and reimbursement; and health care policy?
At Lilly, our Outcomes Liaison team acts as the point of contact for value and population based decision makers. These interactions result in large scale patient population decisions and have the potential to impact millions of patients' lives. We seek to understand customer medical/health economic information needs, identify opportunities to address those needs, provide medical information (per request) and enable partnerships focused on improving patient outcomes. We develop and execute medical strategy within the region, coordinating medical engagement, and creating an environment of collaboration with internal and field-based medical and Managed Healthcare Services (MHS) partners, thereby creating positive customer experiences. As an Outcomes Liaison, you will lead the Medical function's development and maintenance of relationships with population and value focused customers -providers, physician groups, integrated health systems, payers, and population health organizations.
Your primary responsibility will be customer engagement and evidentiary support. You will work to deliver deep value based medical information to meet medical customer needs. Activities in this role will include understanding, explanation, delivery, and effective utilization of AMCP Dossiers, FDAMA 114 research, health outcomes analytic tools and models. Ideally, you will also:
- Synthesize, communicate, and translate complex information packages into transparent, relevant, and actionable data for value based decision makers.
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource to customers on topics related to disease state, Lilly and competitor products, health outcomes research, quality measures, healthcare policy, technology assessment, and real world evidence
- Serve as the primary medical/scientific Lilly point of contact for these customers, responding to or coordinating responses to (through Lilly's matrix medical organization) specific individual or organization needs. Be accountable and responsible for development and execution of the regional medical strategy and for coordination of medical engagement at the customer interface
- Develop relationships and appropriate partnerships with population health decision makers within an assigned geography/”healthcare ecosystem” in order to understand institutional medical information needs. These individuals may include, but are not limited to: Chief Medical Officer, Chief Nursing Officer, Quality Lead, Clinical Pharmacist, Director of Pharmacy, Medical/Quality Decision Makers, Drug Information, and Clinical Population Based Decision Makers
- Create positive customer experiences with value and population based customers
You will demonstrate your deep understanding of the US healthcare system, US payers and customer segments, evidence needs, and decision-making processes. Providing expertise and application of HO research concepts, principles, and studies, including epidemiology, burden of illness and treatment patterns, comparative effectiveness, adherence/ persistence, and quality measures related studies across the oncology space. It is important that you maintain broad medical knowledge across the Oncology business units and related disease states/therapeutic areas to effectively respond to inquiries. Additional responsibilities include:
- Proactively engages within external organizations to understand their interests, capabilities, and research agenda
- Provides technical support for outcomes based contracts including the process, customer engagement, and metric development
- Understand and represent Lilly's Medical Capabilities
- Have awareness of environmental trends, healthcare policy issues, and regulatory actions relevant to health outcomes research and value based customers
- Maintain knowledge of the health outcomes and real world evidence research plans for Lilly products
- Supports RWE research collaborations including the process, working with partners to evaluate opportunities, and participating in the studies
Each day you will provide training, coaching, and mentoring to peers and colleagues on an as needed basis. You will collaborate cross functionally with USHO, GPORWE, MHS, Medical, Legal, quality systems, and Ethics and Compliance to contribute to the organizational effectiveness of USHO. You should represent voice of the customer by proactively and reactively sharing customer knowledge and insights with internal teams to enable better decision making and development of research plans.Company Overview
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Advanced graduate degree in health outcomes or health sciences (PharmD, MD, PhD, MSN, MPH) required with 2-3 years of experience working with or supporting population-based decision makers in their use of health outcomes research
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record is required
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Demonstrated expertise in health outcomes, outcomes research, health technology assessment, and pharmacoeconomic principles which may include expertise in disease management and quality measures, and experience and expertise in use of tools and models (AMCP Dossiers, FDAMA 114, HO analytic tools, budget impact and cost-effectiveness models, etc.)
- Proven understanding of Lilly's business and the current healthcare environment as well as deep understanding of US healthcare system, US population and value based customers and their evidence needs
- Ability to analyze and effectively communicate study findings on a range of topics (e.g., reviews, epidemiology, burden of illness, treatment patterns, comparative effectiveness)
- Significant experience and success in self-managing priorities and multi-tasking projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to distill various data sets (HEOR, epidemiology, treatment patterns, etc.) to inform, educate, and influence
- Significant direct experience in meeting customer needs for complex medical information
- Experience in field-based customer-facing roles in industry (e.g., medical, clinical development, government affairs, HEOR, managed care, sales)
- Experience in managing customer relationships through a “big picture” strategic lens
- Significant travel required (approx. 60-70%)
- This is a field based position-Geography to be determined, but likely Western US
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.