When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Responsibilities:?xml:namespace prefix = "o" /
- Lead the mechanical design tasks of highly customized, multi-million-dollar microscopes and subsystems with nanometer resolution by working closely with, and learning from, world class Marketing, collaborate with Project Management, Operations, cross-functional engineering and scientific team of diverse backgrounds.
- Develop project specifications with team members, often including from other engineering disciplines
- Concept, layout, and detail designs with analysis and testing as appropriate.
- Perform initial and ongoing design reviews
- Make and meet project cost, schedule, and quality commitments.
- Hands-on subsystems integration, validation, and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for documentations and other NPI activities. Support module and product transitions to production and provide assistance to resolving manufacturing issues.
- Manage suppliers and contract design sources.
- Act as a subject matter expert for precision mechanical systems and semiconductor capital equipment, providing key technical feedback and decision making.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer with at least 5 years design and manufacture of semiconductor capital equipment.
- Automation, error budgeting, tolerance analysis, materials selection, and formal problem-solving techniques.
- Capable of managing suppliers and contract or junior engineers.
- Advanced technical degrees
- Detail design, including a strong familiarity with manufacturing techniques and capabilities, internal and external standards, GD&T, and design for manufacturability.
- Some combination of experience with vacuum, motion, contamination, charged particle optics, high voltage, vibration, thermal, and stress analysis.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks and PDM systems
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services. Apply todayhttp://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.