Sr. Manager, Sales Operations - Cell Culture & Cell Therapy
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Sales Operations - Cell Culture and Cell Therapy
Requisition ID: 57342BR
Location: Grand Island, NY or Frederick, MD
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Sr. Manager, Sales Operations - BioProduction reports to the Vice President and General Manager, Cell Culture and Cell Therapy and is responsible for:
Sales Process & Tools: Partner with the global BioProduction commercial team to help identify and track sales pipeline at all phases. Drive continuous improvement of key commercial processes and alignment with field systems and tools.
Analytics: Engages in the measurement and analysis of sales force data and drive sales analysis activities that are aligned with our commercial and business strategies. Tracks market and competitive intelligence to increase sales force productivity.
Strategic Programs: Creates process to evaluate and prioritize customer-driven opportunities. Coordinates cross-functionally to advance projects to completion. Drives alignment and communicates progress.
- BS/BA required, major in business or technical field preferred. MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
- 5+ years of sales operations experience in a complex, multilevel manufacturing environment preferred, including working with and supporting global teams, and interfacing with executive level leads.
- 5+ years in bioprocessing field.
- Experience with financial planning and analysis and financial root cause analysis is preferred.
- Experience with data warehousing and CRM tools required; Saleforce.com and Cognos reporting tools desired.
- Expert Microsoft Office skills required.
- 30-35% domestic travel
- Highly motivated, passionate self-starter, analytical, detail-oriented and operationally-focused.
- Ability to think through and implement creative solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills including ability to take an independent stance when interfacing with cross functional stakeholders. Demonstrated focus on being able to translate data and metrics into predictable, value-add business insight.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.