Postdoctoral Fellow - Diabetes, Obesity & Metabolism Institute [Andrew Stewart Lab]
The Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism Institute at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City (http://icahn.mssm.edu/research/institutes/diabetes-obesity-and-metabolism-institute) is seeking postdoctoral fellows in pancreatic beta cell biology, regeneration and immunology relating to diabetes. Applicants should be committed to a career in academic research, and have a strong interest in diabetes research. Applicants will be preferred who have strong backgrounds and expertise in the areas listed below. Applicants should have an MD and/or PhD or equivalent in one or more of these areas. The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested applicants should send their resume to Dr. Andrew F. Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advanced molecular biology techniques, and/or
- Advanced skills in genomics, RNAseq interpretation and bioinformatics, and/or
- Advanced skills in cell biology, protein chemistry, immunoblotting, immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry, confocal imaging, cell culture, etc., and/or
- Advanced skills in epigenetics, histone marks, imprinting, DNA methylation, and/or
- Advanced skills in bioinformatics.
Remarks or Special Instructions
- Additional Preferred Expertise and Skills (not required):
- Advanced beta cell biology.
- Advanced mouse genetic models.
- Advanced intracellular signaling pathways.
- Advanced flow cytometry, cell sorting, CyTOF
- Experience with adeno-, lenti-, and or AAV viral vector generation.
- Experience in generating and characterizing monoclonal antibodies.
- Experience with miR and lncRNA biology and informatics.
- Experience in autoimmunity
- Experience with coding languages such as R.