About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the bulk product line engineering designs, manuals, procedures, and application expertise for production at the Minneapolis facility. This position will hire and train personnel, assign project workload, and appraise performance of staff, emphasizing recognition of progressive thinking and implementing company policies and objectives. Department resources will be prioritized and allocated by the Engineering Manager to meet the needs of internal and external customers, and provide technical assistance to other departments as needed. This role manages interactions with engineering talent around the globe at other Thermo engineering sites and with outsourced talent. Close working relationship with the Quality Assurance department in South Africa is necessary to identify certification needs for the products and required changes in advance of the regulation deadlines. The candidate must manage the standard product costs for the region and provide annual adjustments to the Product Manager for pricing. In addition, the custom project costing process will be managed for Sales and Service support by providing costing to customer facing Thermo Fisher Scientific personnel. The role must plan, budget, and execute on custom engineered production projects and coordinate schedules between customers and production inside and outside the US. Additional requirements could be required as needed with a global production and development environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical or electrical engineer, or equivalent work experience
- Individual must possess strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to interact with people across multiple countries, cultures, languages and time zones
- A minimum of three years' management experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5 years of experience with production of industrial equipment
- Ability to drive engineering process improvements and lead change in a large, complex global environment
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop engineering talent
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Comfortable an capable communicating at all levels of the organization
- High ethical standard to support a professional business code of conduct
- Ability to travel up to 20%, domestic and international
- 10 years' experience with industrial process controls, static and dynamic weighing devices and bulk material handling equipment.
- Previous experience with global design standards
- Role model leadership which embody Thermo Fisher's 4I values
- Multi-lingual, preferably Spanish and/or Chinese
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.