Senior Scientist PPDM-Bioanalytics
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics, and Drug Metabolism (PPDM) Department has an opening in Boston for an exceptional scientist experienced in biotherapeutic bioanalytics.
As a Senior Scientist, you will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams of scientists from both PPDM and Discovery Research. Your responsibilities will involve developing assays to measure protein therapeutics, biomarkers, and anti-drug antibodies (ADAs) to support preclinical studies for our discovery teams. This role provides a unique opportunity for developing innovative bioanalytical approaches in support of Merck's pipeline dedicated to developing novel therapeutic agents.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing assays and testing samples; pharmacokinetic (PK), pharmacodynamics (PD), and anti-drug antibody (ADA), using a variety of preclinical models and challenging matrices e.g. plasma, serum, CSF, and ISF
- Applying scientific training and acumen to troubleshoot and identify appropriate bioanalytical solutions for measuring complex and challenging protein therapeutics and analytes
- Delivering high quality quantitative, biomarker, and immunogenicity data to project teams for PK and PK/PD analysis
- Articulating, communicating, and applying key bioanalytical concepts e.g. minimum required dilution, dilutional linearity, specificity, selectivity etc.
- Contribute to establishing and maintaining bioanalytical lab operations
- To accomplish the above, the successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal, collaborative, and communication skills in order to contribute across our multidisciplinary team environment.
- A Ph.D. in Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry or related area, or an MS with 4+ years, or a BS with 7+ years of relevant experience
- Expertise with immunoassay method development and corresponding technologies including ELISA with colorimetric, fluorescent, and luminescent endpoints, and with MSD ECL
- Expertise with data reduction software e.g SoftMaxPro
- Keen attention to detail, excellent communication skills, highly organized
- Excellent multitasking skills, adaptability, and ability to maintain composure while managing multiple concurrent projects across therapeutic areas
- Ability to listen intently in order to understand, process, and apply new information aimed at testing and identifying appropriate assay specific bioanalytical solutions
- The ideal candidate will have an understanding of LC-MS approaches as a complement to ligand binding bioanalytical methods
- Expertise with technologies such as Gyros, Luminex, and additional multiplexing formats considered a plus.
- Target engagement assay experience is considered an advantage in this role.
- Experience working in regulated environments (GxP or CLIA) generating data suitable for submission to regulatory agencies
- Experience interfacing with and presenting at project team meetings
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Pharmacokinetics/Drug Metab
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck