Packaging Engineer, Design Analysis
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Essential Job Duties:
- Performs design analysis
- Assists team in developing engineering designs, packaging arrangements & loading arrangements
- Assists in implementing engineering changes
- Develops PFEP (Plan For Every Part/Package) documentation and packaging
- Participates in solution of engineering related product problems (Root Cause) especially regarding handling damage issues
- Works with engineering functions, suppliers, plant personnel and others to implement cost reduction, standardization, methods improvement, and product improvements
- Run projects as needed.
- Plans and implements test and / or development programs regarding new packaging
- Releases packaging parts for production
- Communicates information to and from internal and external customer organizations
- Coordinates and consults with departments outside engineering such as Manufacturing, Purchasing and Quality
- Stays abreast of new technology and competitive products
- Provide processing support for operations including spec development, problem solving, material ordering,
- Spec and support packaging equipment.
- Investigate freight and warehouse damage or packaging discrepancies.
- BS in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering
- Minimum of 1-3 years packaging experience.
- Training in computer applications including MS Office and CAD
- Experience with Solid Works 2017
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual or difficult
- Knowledge of transportation modalities
- Good oral and written communications skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Understanding of design / manufacturing processes
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Project management/ six sigma experience
- Process or manufacturing engineering experience
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.