Director, Translational Pharmacology, Neuroscience
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Translational Pharmacology at Merck Research Labs is responsiblefor early clinical development of novel therapeutics, working in closecollaboration with Discovery Sciences and late stage Clinical Research. We areseeking highly qualified individuals with expertise in Neurology orPsychiatry.
Translational Pharmacology is specifically responsible for:
Success depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination,creativity, skill, diversity and teamwork of the people in the group. To thisend, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement andteamwork. As part of the global team, you will collaborate with talented anddedicated colleagues in Translational Pharmacology, as well as DiscoverySciences and late stage Clinical Research while developing and expanding yourcareer.
Individuals will report directly the Translational Pharmacology NeuroscienceLead.
Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- MD or MD/PhD OR PhD with at least 10 years of drug development experience to include preclinical pharmacology, biomarker validation and development, and team management
- Proven track record in clinical medicine or clinical research, and background in neuroscience research.
- Demonstrated record of scientific scholarship and achievement in neuroscience research, translational medicine and/or early drug development.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and presentation skills, as well as the ability to function in a team environment are essential.
- Prior specific experience in clinical research and prior publication is desirable but not necessary; preferably with experience in the area of basic, translational neuroscience research and/or early clinical development
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Neurology or Psychiatry preferred
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Clinical Research (M.D.)
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck