Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
At Merck & Co., Inc.’s manufacturing facility in Elkton, Virginia, we currently have a Manufacturing Operations Specialist / Shift Manager position available. Merck’s Elkton campus is located in the Shenandoah Valley along the Shenandoah River and the Blue Ridge Mountains just a short distance from major state universities: University of Virginia and James Madison University.
Our Manager positions support various manufacturing operations such as sterile pharmaceutical bulk, sterile filling, vaccines, biologics and organic synthesis. Responsibilities include overall production execution, management of unionized hourly workforce, and identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives. Responsibilities include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science, or Engineering with four years of relevant experience in manufacturing or the military
- High School Diploma/GED with six years of relevant experience in manufacturing or military service.
- Record of safely and effectively leading teams in the manufacture of high quality product
- Consistent demonstration of strong leadership, communication, interpersonal, teamwork, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter desire to excel personally and ability to motivate direct reports and peers to excel
- Working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Background in vaccine, biologics, sterile, pharmaceutical or API manufacturing
- Experience with industrial scale fermentation or organic synthesis unit operations
- Eagerness to perform a wide variety of tasks to support the business.
- Lean, Six Sigma, KATA problem solving skills
- Training individuals in complex manufacturing / work environments
- Working knowledge of Delta V and SAP
- Management Relationships (experience working with unionized workforce a plus)
- Providing critical feedback and coaching, Conflict Resolution, Crucial Conversation, Progressive Discipline
- Experience in payroll and disability management systems
- Experience interacting with regulatory agencies during inspections
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Manuf./Operations Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck