(Contract) Scientist/Principal Research Associate, Mass Spec, Analytical Development
(Contract) Analytical Development Scientist/Principal Research Associate with a strong background in mass spec (particularly LC/MS) analysis of biomolecules (mRNA, proteins/peptides, lipids, glycans, etc). This position will primarily focus on developing state-of-the-art methods to characterize various biomolecules associated with the production and testing of mRNA therapeutics.
- Develop mass spec methods to characterize nucleic acids, proteins, lipids, small molecule metabolites, and other biomolecules
- Develop/adapt/optimize analytical methods for increased robustness, reduced operator dependence, and GMP compatibility; train appropriate personnel in their use (both internally and externally)
- Work closely with other Technical Development teams to support raw material testing, process development, and degradant analysis.
- Provide general mass spec support to interdepartmental “customers”
- MS with at least 3 years of post-grad experience, or PhD
- At least 5 years of demonstrated hands-on experience with mass spectrometry, preferably LC/MS and high-resolution mass spectrometry
- (preferred) Experience with nucleotide/oligonucleotide characterization, peptide mapping, glycan mapping, PTM analysis, protein intact mass analysis, or related techniques
- (preferred) Experience with analytical techniques such as LC, GC, CE, UV, fluorescence, CAD, ELSD, KF, DSC, CD, NGS, Sanger, etc.
- (preferred) Ability to develop and implement methods for high throughput or (semi-)automated data analysis
- (preferred) Familiarity with programming
- Willingness to learn new concepts and challenge boundaries; adaptability to change
- Organization and attention to detail; ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with an eagerness to work with and support colleagues in other departments