Sr. Manager, Finance
How you’ll make an impact
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $20 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What you’ll do
As the Sr. Manager, Finance you will play an integral role in the financial leadership for the business you support and be a critical member of their leadership team. You will provide financial support to drive productivity for a global team and partner with senior management on key decision making. You will contribute to the development and execution of the annual operating plan (AOP) and play an integral part in aligning the team goals with division leadership expectations. In addition you will:
- Develop and utilize proactive, early indicator reporting metrics to communicate financial risk or opportunities to senior management
- Provide financial oversight and leadership for the business, sharing insights through monthly/quarterly reporting at leadership staff meetings
- Drive the execution of the AOP by the accountable team members via robust business partner support and world class financial reporting
- Partner with key stakeholders to solicit feedback to develop and implement step level improvements to enhance efficiency and productivity of reporting
- Improve on tools utilized by site management to run business; Recommend and implement corrective actions
- Lead budgeting, forecasting, and financial/strategic planning activity for your business partners
- Implement new programs via coaching and mentoring that enhance the finance team members performance and organizational productivity
- Perform ROI financial analysis/justifications of projects, utilizing advanced financial modeling to ensure appropriate resource allocation and return on investment
How you’ll get here
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA or CMA/CPA/CFA preferred
- 7+ years of direct experience in financial analysis, reporting, and accounting leadership within a large, multinational matrixed organization
- Ability to influence and engage senior business partners, peers, and direct/indirect reports
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated success attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining high-potential talent
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Hyperion, COGNOS and SAP preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
To be considered, email resume; email@example.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.