Bioinformatics Scientist III
Integrated DNA Technologies
Job Locations US-IA-CoralvilleCategory Research & Development
# of Openings 1
Posted Date 8 hours ago
Shift/Schedule M-F 40 Hour Week (United States of America)
The Bioinformatics Scientist III will develop and maintain bioinformatics pipelines for novel qPCR and NGS applications, perform NGS data analysis and provide computational support for research and product development. This individual will work closely with other scientists and be a key contributor to the product development team.
- Develops and maintains pipelines for NGS and qPCR applications
- Provides data analysis support for product development and external collaborations
- Works closely with R&D scientists to support their daily research activities
- Participates in brainstorming sessions and contributes ideas in technology, algorithms and products
- Works independently and also collaborates with other team members to meet project deadlines
- Prepares and delivers presentations based on scientific and technical progress and achievements
- Demonstrates and upholds behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values and delivers the Integrated DNA Technologies experience to customers and other business associates.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (in Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field) with six or more years relevant work experience required
- Master's degree (in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field) with four or more years relevant work experience preferred
- PhD degree (in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field) preferred
- Previous experience in NGS required
- Knowledge and understanding of computational and biological issues required
- Previous experience working in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced and results-oriented environment preferred
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals preferred
Other Job Qualifications
- Familiarity with Python or other scripting languages
- Programming and data analysis experience in a distributed Unix environment
- Familiarity with public bioinformatics resources and tools
- Knowledge of best-practice data presentation methods for internal and external audiences
- Ability to easily integrate into and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to a minimal amount frequently
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.