Research Associates (Postdocs) in Security and Dependability of Information and Infrastructures (...
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University
The University of Luxembourg is looking for its Interdisciplinary Centre of Security and Trust (SNT) for a :
Research Associates (Postdocs) in Security and Dependability of Information and Infrastructures (M/F)
- Ref: R-AGR-0283-10-C
- Fixed Term Contract 2 years (CDD),
- Full-time (40 hrs/week) extendable up to 5 years
- Number of positions: 2
The University of Luxembourg seeks to hire outstanding researchers at its Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT).
SnT is a centre carrying out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) systems and services, often in collaboration with industrial, governmental or international partners. SnT is active in several international research projects funded by the Horizon2020 programme and the European Space Agency. For further information you may check: www.securityandtrust.lu
CritiX (Critical and Extreme Security and Dependability) is a research group, and a laboratory for state-of-the-art research in a problem area that may be described as extreme computing, including the protection of critical systems and data against severe and persistent threats. We advocate resilience as a paradigm shift enabling a comprehensive approach to extreme security and dependability challenges, from first principles. For further information you may check: http://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/critix
Successful candidates have a unique opportunity of participating in the shaping of a challenging and innovative research themes, as well as contributing to the ambitious research agenda of the CritiX lab, supported by a very substantial PEARL Grant from the Luxembourg National Research Fund, FNR (http://www.fnr.lu/funding-instruments/pearl) and several other projects. They will be given excellent conditions for the development of their research skills, in terms of working conditions, mentoring and laboratory facilities.
The research topics this opening is calling for are:
- Resilience of Cyber-Physical System Infrastructures and Control (e.g., SCADA, CPS, Automotive).
- Internet and Cloud Infrastructures Resilience (e.g., SDN, IoT).
- Security and Dependability of Embedded Components (e.g., multicores, hypervisors, SGX, ECUs).
- Data Privacy and Integrity in Highly Sensitive Sectors (e.g., blockchain, genomics).
The candidate will work closely with Prof. Esteves-Veríssimo and the team members of the CritiX Research Group.
English is the working language of this international laboratory.
Email informal enquiries / expressions of interest:
Prof. Dr. Paulo Esteves-Veríssimo:
Email: email@example.com , Subject: CRITIX - RESEARCH ASSOCIATE CANDIDATE
- We welcome candidates with a PhD in Computer Science and/or Engineering, Informatics, or related areas in Applied Mathematics and Engineering.
- Strong background in the theory and practice of Security and/or Fault Tolerance, of Software and/or Distributed Systems and Networks design and verification, will be considered as an advantage.
- We consider as an advantage, proven experience in one or more of: intrusion tolerance or Byzantine fault tolerance, trusted computing and architectural hybridisation, advanced cryptography, virtual machine management systems, cloud infrastructures, embedded and control systems, software defined networking, blockchain technology.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory.
- We require commitment, team working and a critical mind.
The university offers a two year employment contract that may be extended up to five years. A selected number of outstanding performers may be offered permanent positions in the faculty. The University offers highly competitive salaries, according to status, and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of the research lab agenda.
Applications, written in English, should be submitted online and should include:
- Curriculum Vitae, including photo, your contact address, training record, work experience, publications, test results if available (e.g.TOEFL).
- Letter of intent (up to 500 words) including the personal motivations for applying to the Univ. of Luxembourg and a statement indicating the research topic(s) of interest and your motivation for the selection.
- Copies of up to three papers substantiating your background and/or experience in the topics selected.
- An abstract of your PhD thesis (max 1 page).
- Transcript of all courses and results from the university-level courses taken. Copies allowed. Legal originals immediately required in case of selection.
- Contact information for 3 referees.
Next cut-off date for applications: please check http://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/critix
Applications will be analysed as they are received, so early application is advised.
Link : http://emea3.mrted.ly/1lxcc
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and