Postal address for applications:
Department of Physics, Univesity of Rijeka; Radmile Matejcic 2, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
- Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
- Deadline for application submission is 30 days after announcement of the call for applications in "Official Gazette " i.e. 16/11/2017.
Associate Professor - one position for Associate Professor of physics in the field of General and classical physics at the Department of Physics - University of Rijeka.
Requirements and conditions:
Persons of both sexes can apply on equal terms.
Beside meeting general employment requirements, applicants should satisfy the conditions prescribed by the Science and Higher Education Act (Official Gazette 123/03, 105/04, 174/04, 2/07 and Decision 46/07, 45/09, 63/11 i 101/14).
Applicants whose native language is not Croatian must submit the proof of proficiency in Croatian. The certificate of citizenship must also be submitted.
Candidates are obliged to submit the required documentation on a CD as well.
Please provide the following documents with your application:
1. A cover letter
-The position title and reference number.
-A statement about why you should be considered as a suitable candidate for the position.
-The name and contact details (telephone and email address) of one professional referee. It should be noted that referee might be contacted at the short-listing stage.
2. A document addressing the selection criteria
-A specific statement addressing each selection criteria point, maximum of two pages.
3. Curriculum vitae
-Your full name and address, qualifications, country of birth, citizenship and residency status, employment history, other relevant experience and major achievements.
-Include brief details of your research and professional scholarship (including list of publications and/or significant academic achievements) and, if relevant and available, teaching and teaching development and services to your current and past institutions and communites.
Conduct research into Physics in research areas of interest to the Department of Physics and Center for Micro- and Nanosciences and Technologies, especially in:
- non - linear and quantum optics,
- astroparticle physics.
Effective teaching of a wide range of core subjects at the undergraduate and/or postgraduate level.
Recruit, supervise and assist with supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research students enrolled for degrees in Department of Physics.
1. A PhD in experimental Physics in area relevant to the appointment.
2. A track record of success in producing quality research outputs, including publications in peer-reviewed international research journals, with notable number of citations.
3. Demonstrated ability or potential to attract external research funding, and establish research collaborations at the national and international level, and to attract and supervise research students,
4. Working experience with lasers; working experience with Fabry-Perot resonant cavities, single photon detectors and data acquisition systems will be regarded as an advantage.
5. Demonstrated high levels of written and oral communication skills in Croatian and English.
6. Well-developed interpersonal skills and past success in working effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
More Experienced Researcher or > 10 years (Senior)
Leading Researcher (R4)
Comment/web site for additional job details
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and