Marie Sklodowska-Curie ITN: STREAM, CERN
The EU-funded Horizon 2020 programme has two main strategic objectives: to strengthen the scientific and technological base of European industry and to encourage its international competitiveness, while promoting research that supports EU policies. STREAM is a 4-year multi-site training network for the career development of 17 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) on scientific design, construction manufacturing and of advanced radiation instrumentation. It started on 01 Januray 2016.
The following ESR position is open:
* ESR 12 - 24 months, employed by CERN.
* For detailed information on the position offered, please see the STREAM web site .
ESRs must, at the time of recruitment
* (i) be in possession of a university degree, and (ii) have a maximum of four years of full-time research experience, including any period of research training, after obtaining the degree which formally allowed them to embark on a doctorate in the country in which the degree/diploma was obtained or in the host country (irrespective of whether or not a doctorate was envisaged).
* ESRs cannot be PhD holders at the start of their employment contract.
* The European Commission's mobility rules state: At the time of recruitment by the host organisation, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years imme diately prior to the reference date. Short stays such as holidays and/or compulsory national service are not taken into account.
* Proficiency in English is required; training in other languages can be provided through the ITN's training budget.
Applications should include:
* a completed electronic application form;
* a Curriculum Vitae;
* a copy of the last (highest) qualification;
* a short letter of motivation;
* two letters of recommendation to give as broad as possible overview of your academic and/or professional achievements.
The application and ALL supporting documents should be submitted using the e-recruitment system by the application deadline.
What We Offer
* Attractive remuneration under employment contract.
* In accordance with the European Commission's allowance s for ITNs, there is an additional training allowance to cover training activities, conference attendance, etc.
* Employment contract will start as soon as possible.
* Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date and might include a video interview. In the event of an interview at the premises of the partner, STREAM will cover travel costs.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and