Researcher in energy efficiency in buildings
TECNALIA is conducting several research and technological development projects in the field of energy efficiency in building retrofitting and smart energy cities. With this objective research on the development and integration of energy efficient construction solutions, innovative HVAC systems, energy storage and generation systems (thermal and electrical) and on innovative energy management system is carried out. In the optimization process, advanced energy simulation tools are used. These tools allow comparing different scenarios and defining the optimal solutions for each case.
The selected candidate will be part of the Integrated Urban Regeneration and Rehabilitation Area and will participate in projects of conceptual development, dimensioning, dynamic thermal simulation, and experimental development of integrated systems in building such as solar systems, heat pumps, cogeneration systems, district heat networks, geothermal storage systems, etc.
The selected candidate will be involved in the definition of proposals, execution of projects, and establishment of relationships at national and international level, with a strong vocation for technological development, collaboration with international strategic partners and the development of solutions for industrial clients.
- Industrial Engineering, preferably specialty in energy and building installations. A Phd will be highly valued.
- Minimum experience: 3 years in research and development and/or engineering related to the design and implementation of installation projects (thermal and electrical) and integration of renewable energies in buildings.
- Experience in building energy simulation models and tools: EnergyPlus, Modelica.
- Very fluent in English and Spanish.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills. Teamwork and good personal relationship skills. Proactivity and ability to work independently.
- The following will be an asset:
- Knowledge in other building energy simulation tools, such as TRNSYS, CALENER, etc.
- Knowledge of specific software for the design and dimensioning of building /district installations (thermal and electrical).
- Participation in research and development multidisciplinary projects in collaboration with different professional profiles.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and