Associate/Full Professor in Material Physics with emphasis on the development of magnetic shape memo
Lappeenranta University of Technology, LUT. LUT's Trailblazer strategy is searching for answers to four key questions: Are we going to burn up everything? Is humanity condemned to suffer from the water it has polluted? Will waste be the grave of our future? Will we let Europe degenerate to the world's back yard? No. We will lead the way with a trailblazer spirit. We have been ranked among the world's top universities (Times Higher Education and QS rankings). We are compact by size, with intensely focused operations. Combining technology and business, we have served as an academic forerunner since 1969. Our international science community encompasses 6,500 students and experts.
LUT School of Engineering Science is looking for applications for a tenure track position of
Associate/Full Professor in Material Physics with emphasis on the development of magnetic shape memory materials and their applications.
The position is situated at the associate/full professor levels of the tenure track system and it is filled for a fixed term of four years (associate professor) or until further notice (full professor).
The appointment process description explains the qualification requirements, application instructions, and tenure track appointment criteria.
The application and its annexes must be in English. The application must include:
- A curriculum vitae
- A photocopy of the applicant's doctoral diploma
- A full list of publications, including the total number of publications, citations, h- index, and ID in the Scopus database and in the Web of Science.
- Publications for evaluation by experts (max. 10)
- A separate list of the publications submitted for expert evaluation
- A teaching portfolio or an equivalent account of the person's teaching qualifications
- An account of the person's merits and activities of significance to the vacancy (max. 3 pages)
- An account in English of the person's vision on the development of education, research and projects in the field of the professorship at Lappeenranta University of Technology (max. 3 pages)
The pay is determined according to the pay system for university teaching and research personnel. Associate professors are situated at levels 6-7 (EUR 3340.77-3851.33/month) and full professors at the levels 8-10 (EUR 4656.16-5934.94/month). In addition, the pay will include an individual pay component based on performance and competence, amounting to a maximum of 46.3% of the job-specific pay component.
Additional information: Professor Heikki Haario, tel. +358 400 814 092, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is 10 November 2017 (at midnight, Finnish local time, UTC +2 h). Please submit your application by filling out the online form (link below).
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and