Associate Engineer - Packaging Technical Operations
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The basic function of this position is to design and implement varied technical projects requiring knowledge of packaging including temperatrue control packaging technology and distribution testing. Work requires full application of sound scientific principles, theories, concepts and techniques. The candidate is expected to collect and interpret information and conceive, develop and implement solutions to cold chain and distribution related projects. Routine guidance and direction is employed by the supervisor to review soundness of technical judgment and the status/schedule of the effort.
The candidate is responsible by assignment for the:
- Development, design, construction, qualification and/or initial operation of tertiary packaging components and processes, including environmental (temperature, shock, etc.) monitors, using new or existing technologies for new and commerical human health products.
- Analysis of complex problems through critical analytical thinking and the design/execution of laboratory experiments to design/develop appropriate temperature control and distribution solutions.
- • Assist cross functional teams evaluating processes, prodedures, and shipping system performace for resolving excurison and/or damage issues and implementing corrective actions
- • Development of sound scientific justification for planned material and process changes related to secondary and tertiary packaging.
- • Development working relationship with global Merck, external manufacturing and third part distribution centers.
- • Preparation, maintenance, and review of documenation including testing protocols, testing reports, technical memos and supplier assessments.
- Bachelor degree in Packaging Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or similar
- Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience and knowledge of the Pharmaceutical environment.
- Experience in packaging design and/or temperature control technologies.
- Project leadership/ management and complex problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills including flexibility and ability to work in a team environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Packaging Engineering
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck