Senior Specialist, Program Support and Execution, Strategic Alliances with Top Customers (MBA) Job
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The US Strategic Alliances with Top Customers initiative is a key component of Merck’s business transformation and growth. This effort entails a strategic account management approach which not only enhances our core business, but serves to provide a deeper understanding of our customers and identify areas of mutual interest for potential collaboration.
Description: The primary responsibility of the Sr. Specialist, Program Support and Execution will be to support Merck’s Strategic Account Leaders and the Director of Strategic Alliances in taking projects that align with prioritized areas of mutual interest, and assess, plan and apply project management expertise to advance the work in a compliant manner. The responsibilities include working across functional areas within Merck to understand and progress the work currently underway and support the project management of new efforts. The role involves the development and execution of a project plan, business cases, the identification of needed resources and applicable policies and guidance documents, investments and timelines. This individual will work closely with a cross-functional strategic alliance team for each project, and will also collaborate with external stakeholders in the development and execution of projects.
This key position is primarily an internal role; however, the role may interface with customers and other health care organizations. This role will report into the Director of Strategic Alliances.
The Sr. Specialist, Program Support and Execution, Strategic Alliances with Top Customerswill be responsible for:
- Working with colleagues within Merck and Merck’s Top customers to develop comprehensive project plans for prioritized and innovative initiatives, including timelines, resources, critical path assessment, milestones, and project deliverables.
- Working with Business Development and the Strategic Alliance team on business cases
- Collaborate with the Merck Strategic Account Leaders to advance projects through various stages, including the management of medical and legal reviews of concepts, completion of FMVs (Fair Market Value Assessments), MSAs (Master Service Agreements), and other processes, other required contracts, ensuring that all practices align to corporate compliance requirements.
- Work with Legal, Compliance, Privacy, Business Development, Finance and other areas as needed.
- Facilitate the appropriate exchange of project information internally, with third party vendors and with customers, leveraging information technology, and resources to ensure efficiency and compliance with internal guidelines.
- Develop and manage operational approaches and processes for project management, risk management and other execution elements as needed. Develop pilot scenarios and metrics for assessing success of initiatives as appropriate.
- Develop reporting processes to keep appropriate internal and customer teams and management informed of progress consistent with legal and compliance guidance.
- Support the development of executive-level presentations that provide project status updates, and reflect progress against objectives.
- Highlight concerns (gaps, missed deadlines, bottlenecks, inefficiencies, etc.) to Director of Strategic Alliances and Strategic Account Leader proactively in order to own and pull through the resolution effectively.
This position also includes acceptance to the Accelerated Development Program which focuses on broadening
business acumen through business unit rotations in account management, finance,
commercial analytics, contracting and marketing.
- Currently enrolled in a program leading to a Master in Business Administration with a Graduate date of June 2018
- A minimum of 1 plus years of professional work/internship experience
- Account management experience
- Marketing experience
- Healthcare experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Account Management Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck