2018 West Point Operations / Technical Operations Intern
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The West Point Operations / Technical Operations intern program supports internship with a 10-12 week duration, which will include one or more projects. These positions provide candidates with great personal/career development opportunities, opportunity to work on projects having impact to vaccine manufacturing, and a chance to see if Merck is the right company for their long-term goals. The intern projects can be in one or more of the following areas: VACCINE MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS SUPPORT
- Work as part of the team manufacturing life-saving vaccines for counties all over the world
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve and/or optimize manufacturing processes
- Support/lead projects directly tied to improving the safety and/or compliance performance of the operations areas
- Work with operations and quality groups to maintain products at a high level of performance/compliance through completion of effective investigations, process improvement activities, and other key projects.
- Transfer products within Merck’s internal manufacturing network
- Execute strategic technical projects to enhance our World Class Supply posture – decrease inventory, shorten cycle times, lower costs
- Design, build, and renovate advanced manufacturing plants, laboratory and office facilities
- Involvement with all phases of project management from the first engineering drawing to the last phase of project start up
- Sophomore or Junior level curriculum or higher, working toward BS, MS, or PhD in Chemical, Biochemical, Biomedical, or Mechanical Engineering or other related science (Chemistry, Biology, or Microbiology).
- Pharmaceutical or Vaccine manufacturing related experience,
- Strong collaboration skills,
- Strong communication skills,
- Lean six sigma experience/ knowledge,
- Strong project management skills, knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
AISES2017, SWE, NOBCCHE, SHPE
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Employee Status: Temporary
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck