Administrative Assistant II Job
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Administrative Assistant II will provide administrative support to the Medical Device/Combination Products department. The primary activities include, but are not limited to:
1. General and confidential administrative tasks
2. Department file management, including the use of team spaces
3. Utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
4. Scheduling interviews and assisting with new employee onboarding
5. Assisting with travel arrangements and expense reports, as needed
6. Maintaining Director’s calendars and scheduling meetings
7. Maintaining headcount reports and organizational charts
8. Maintaining personnel files
9. Creating PO’s, ordering office supplies, placing work orders, as needed
10. Providing backup administrative support to the other admins in Quality, as needed
11. Assist with various additional tasks to support a medical device department (Design History Files (DHF), Risk Management activities, etc.)
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- High School Diploma
- Candidates applying should have at least two (2) or more years experience in an Administrative role.
- Candidate must have experience supporting a medical device team/department.
- Candidate must have experience supporting Design History File (DHF) and Risk Management work.
- Candidates must possess strong computer and software skills especially in the Microsoft office Suite
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Must work well with others as well as independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck