Scientist Protein Purification
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
We are looking for a protein purification scientist to support Merck's Biologics discovery efforts and therapeutic antibody programs. The successful candidate will purify and carry out extensive characterization of recombinant proteins, monoclonal antibodies, and antibody scaffolds to enable all aspects of Early Discovery Research within the Protein Sciences department at Merck’s Discovery Biologics site in Palo Alto.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Hands on experience in protein purification method development and optimization,
- Familiarity with protein analytical technology including chromatographic and biophysical characterization methods such as HPLC (SEC, RP), capillary electrophoresis, IEF, dynamic and static light scattering.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and effectively present data at group and departmental meetings
- Ability to write internal and external
- BS/BA degree with a minimum 3 years of industry or academia experience; MS degree with a minimum of 1 year industry or academia experience; preferably in protein purification. PhD level applicants will also be considered.
- Prior experience with protein purification in an academic or industrial setting.
- Prior industry experience producing recombinant proteins
- Hands on experience with AKTA FPLCs and UPLC/HPLC systems
- Previous experience with high-throughput purification and automation (e.g Tecan)
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck