Master Data Management Developer
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Information Technology organization partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world. Ours is a high energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing Merck’s contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
How will you invent the future?
As a Master Data Management Developer at Merck’s Austin IT HUB, you will be part of inventing tomorrow. Our Innovative centers are where great people come together and deliver solutions that save and improve lives.
We are seeking motivated talent interested in solving problems to improve tomorrow.
- Be an active member of a team creating multiple leading edge Master Data repositories across the Scientific Domain.
- Design and build MDM hubs utilizing multiple data sources to load, cleanse, and establish trust rules to produce a single version of core data assets.
- Be responsible for the design and technical development of Master Data Management objects including logical and physical data models, database schemas, creating and tuning of match rules, defining the optimum data publish integration layer and ensuring the services (ETL and APIs) improve data quality and create operational efficiencies across MRL.
- Engage with world-class scientists and regulatory documentation specialists in drug discovery and development.
You will work and learn more about:
- Pharmaceutical business as it relates to basic research, pre-clinical, and clinical drug development.
- Regulatory submission filing processes for gaining approval to market our products in targeted countries.
- Develop a deep understanding of key data and systems critical to the drug discovery and development processes.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields.
- A minimum of 2 years of implementation experience using master data management tools and processes
- Hands on experience configuring master data management solutions
- Ability to negotiate across business and IT functions to develop harmonized master data
- Strong skills in establishing and following data standards
- Implementation experience with data quality tools to improve quality of master data
- Experience with software design patterns, architecture specifications and full software lifecycle.
- Experience with SDLC documentation principles and practice.
- Interest in newest technologies and willingness to learn.
- Agile and lean product development mindset.
- Ability to work independently with excellent communication skills that cross language/culture/geographic boundaries.
- Hands-on experience with a service oriented approach including RESTful services.
- Excellent attention to detail and a passion for continuous improvement.
- Skills and proven experience in the definition of Master Data Management (MDM) tools, End to End solution analysis, and MDM solution delivery.
- A minimum of 1 year of pharmaceutical related experience.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working with Informatica Master Data Management
- Information flow modeling hands on experience.
- Logical and physical data modeling experience.
- Ability to understand strategic IT goals in order to be able to execute own tasks in support of technology integration initiatives.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Austin IT Hub, LHH
Job: Engineering, Development & Integration
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck