U.S. Export Team Lead Job
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Position will require working to manage Merck MRL U.S. exports from a process level perspective as well as a transaction level perspective. Position will work with Global Trade Compliance (GTC), MRL Trade Operations, site shipping personnel and Clinical and Research stakeholders and constituents across all U.S. Merck locations. Position will also interact with Logistics, Transportation, outside vendors and freight providers as well as overseas Clinical Country Operations. Key challenges will include; influencing all constituents and stakeholders with respect to setting trade policy and procedures and solving shipment specific export challenges.
- Collaborate with Global Trade Compliance and represent MRL in setting U.S. Export trade policy
- Work within MRL Trade Operations to make sure the Export standard business practices align with policy set by Global Trade Compliance
- Influence external stakeholders to implement and manage to Standard Business Practices developed by MRL Trade Operations
- Ensure standards, practices and operations are in compliance with U.S. export BIS (Bureau of Industry and Security) and other government agency requirements
- Support U.S. shipping sites with U.S. export transaction challenges
- Manage and train other export personnel in export transaction activities
- Special projects and assignments related to international trade as needed
- Become part of the MRL Trade Compliance leadership team and attend team meetings
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive export management experience including managing shipments and logistics, paperwork, export filings and clearance, and managing (or exposure to) export licensing.
- Managing export policy, practices and implementation of export procedures. Leading a team of export/logistics operators.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck