Sr. Robotic Processing Engineer, Engineering Dev & Integration
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Information Technology organization partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world. Ours is a high energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing Merck’s contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
How will you invent the future?
What if you could shape the future of work and be part of a team that creates the digital workforce of tomorrow? Merck has a vision of liberating the human workforce from tedious, repetitive tasks by means of Robotic Process Automation (RPA). As an RPA developer at
Merck’s Austin IT hub, you will be part of inventing the future. Our innovative centers are where great people come together and deliver solutions that save and improve lives. We are seeking motivated talent interested in solving problems to improve tomorrow.
In this role you will:
- Engage with key business stakeholders around the world to design and implement advanced automation capabilities utilizing top tier process automation tools such as UiPath and BluePrism.
- Design and implement an RPA architecture in support of Merck business globally
- Write technical documentation including, but not limited to high level architecture diagrams, automation specifications, and automation test plans,
- Implement, Operate, and Maintain a digital workforce that manages a broad range of business critical functions on a global basis
- Help solve problems by processing real word data to enable advanced analytics that can drive faster decision making
You will work with and learn more about:
- Pharmaceutical business and how it operates around the world
- Robotic Process Automation and how it can transform the way companies work
- Advance automation capabilities like cognitive processing and artificial intelligence
- Bachelors Degree in IT, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- A minimum of 3 years of programming experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in automating business process using a leading RPA product
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with customers, vendors, and technical staff at all levels and in geographically diverse locations
- Previous technical leadership experience leading teams of 2-3 people
- Previous pharmaceutical experience
- End-to-end SW development experience including operational support
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Austin IT Hub
Job: Engineering, Development & Integration
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck