Associate Director, US Oncology-Consumer Marketing Job
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Oncology organization is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. At Merck, our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
Associate Director, U.S. Oncology – Consumer Marketing
We are currently recruiting for an Associate Director, U.S. Oncology – Consumer Marketing. This position will be responsible for leading key elements of the consumer marketing strategy across multiple tumors for an Immunotherapy Product. The position will be based in Upper Gwynedd, PA.
This position will require outstanding leadership in many areas including strategy development, promotions development, relationship building, the ability to deliver the business today while simultaneously planning for future indications, the ability to work under tight timelines and demonstrate flexibility.
Key responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Develop consumer strategy for multiple tumors and multiple indications. Work closely with promotional colleagues to ensure pull through of the campaign across channels
- Partner with individual HCP brand strategy tumor leads to ensure alignment and that synergies are recognized in our brand plans
- Experience with multi-channel integrated promotion and the ability to analyze and continually optimize on an ongoing basis
- Experience with mass media including print, TV, digital, social, PR including asset development and media placement
- The ability to continue to identify and assess innovative approaches to consumer marketing and make recommendations that provide a competitive advantage.
- Work with complex scientific data and help to synthesize it for consumer comprehension
- Build key relationships and partner with communications team for internal and external activities
- Experience in identifying insight gaps and recommend required market research to meet strategic goals.
- Deep understanding of consumers and patients and what is needed to activate and change behavior
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a complex matrix organization where exceptional collaboration is required to obtain desired results
- Experience with managing complex budgets
- Requires approximately 25% travel, including some weekends.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA
- A minimum of 8 years of Consumer Marketing experience
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working in the Pharmaceutical industry
- Strong relationship building, problem solving, teamwork, analytical, and written/verbal communication skills
- Experience influencing without direct authority and working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast phased, quickly changing environment
- Learning agility and flexibility
- Experience in leading consumer brand strategy and implementation
- Oncology Marketing experience
- Product/Indication Launch experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Regional Marketing ONC
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck