2018 MRL GTO Informatics Intern Job
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
The Informatics Intern within Global Trial Optimization (GTO) will work as a member of the Global Trial Optimization group. The successful candidate will be exposed to and assist in providing informatics, analytics, and systems support to clinical trial feasibility and patient recruitment and retention functions. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Support Global Trial Optimization in recruitment modeling, querying, analyzing, and providing data to support program and trial feasibility activities
- Assist in the creation and adjusting of clinical trial plans and projections
- Assist in building and/or implementing tools that support trial feasibility and recruitment activities
- Assist in communicating, presenting, and explaining results of analysis to GTOS (Global Trial Optimization Specialists) and Clinical Trial Teams
- Leverage internal and external intelligence to support and refine methods and tactics on assigned projects.
- Support continued process improvement to ensure quality within the organization
- Required: Candidates must be a current student pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Data Analytics, Statistics, Quantitative Science, Social Sciences, Business, Pharmacy, Health Sciences, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- General knowledge of statistics or have taken data analytics course(s)
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel skills a must)
- Presentation and communications skills
- A desire to improve and optimize clinical trial recruitment through data analytics
- Computer programming experience
- Experience analyzing any type of data
- Familiarity with SQL or R or Python
- Familiarity with Medical Terminology
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records or Claims data
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Employee Status: Temporary
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck