2018 MRL Global Clinical Trial Operations Intern
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Merck Research Lab is currentlyrecruiting for a summer intern within Global Clinical Trial Operations. Theprimary responsibilities of the GCTO intern will include:
- Support teams/working groups bycreating new and/or revising existing SharePoint sites/websites.
- Assist with process mappingactivities (i.e., workflow diagrams illustrating processes or a series ofparallel processes).
- Provide supplemental projectmanagement support for process improvement initiatives.
- Support organizational efforts tosimplify and standardize procedures to the greatest extent possible, sharingbest practices.
- Experience in website design and maintenance, includingwriting and editing content, designing webpage layout, determining technicalrequirements, updating websites, creating back up files and solving codeproblems
- Business process mapping (i.e., workflow diagramsillustrating processes or a series of parallel processes)
- Strong project management capabilities to help supportstrategic directives and/or process improvement initiatives
- Analytical skills (data interpretation and assessingimpact on process)
- Customer oriented and the ability to work effectively ina cross-functional manner.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Mustcommunicate effectively with stakeholders at multiple levels of theorganization
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Technical knowledge should include: SharePoint and MS Office 2010 (PowerPoint,Excel, Word)
- Courses preferably in computer technology, websitedesign, graphic design, and/or project management.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Employee Status: Temporary
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck