Sr. Site Sourcing Specialist, Manufacturing Procurement Job
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth,
N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health
care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines
and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement
lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space
where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is
backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to
achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
The Senior Site Sourcing Specialist is an essential resource responsible for a broad spectrum of support activities; including stakeholder support, contract execution and management, and supplier management at the West Point, PA site. Works with Procurement Global Category owners to understand supply strategies and agreements and associated implementation and contract management locally in West Point. Conducts research and analysis in support of local sourcing plans in the direct material space. Identifies and documents all cost reduction and profit plan improvements. Conducts RFPs and reverse auctions and performs the associated analysis as well as negotiations as required. Maintains outline agreements and related SAP procurement data. Operates with a Grant of Authority for individual transactions in accordance with MMD GOA.
- Understands the supplier/site strategy developed by the Supply Sectors and executes action plans to achieve the sourcing team’s objectives.
- Participates in Site Sourcing strategies and local program implementation. Liaise with the Supply Sectors to assure site spend is in line with agreed sourcing strategy.
- Assists in evaluating potential suppliers on site specific issues.
- Assists in analyzing customer’s business and evaluates potential savings through supplier consolidation.
- Creates and executes RFI’s and RFP’s ; wherever possible using e-RFX
- Within assigned stakeholder and supply sector area, responsible for SAP procurement data integrity/ maintenance and contracts in accordance with grants of authority guidelines.
- Ensures that purchase agreements are in compliance with master agreements and preferred suppliers.
- Resolves discrepancies through interaction with PtP Service Center, Receiving and Stakeholders.
- Works with Buyer/ Planners to resolve MRP issues due to source list/ Outline agreement errors and forecasts for suppliers and Category colleagues.
Contract Negotiation and Management
- Leads and participates in negotiation sessions with suppliers.
- Prepares, implements and audits compliance with appropriate contract templates.
- Resolves issues regarding supplier delivery assurance, quality and service, and documents resolution.
- Manages, monitors, reports and seeks to continuously improve supplier performance.
- Acts as a primary point of contact for supplier interactions and assists in supplier’s performance assessments.
- Maintains a working knowledge of supplier’s organization, product lines, contractual agreements and transportation terms.
- Evaluates supplier’s scorecard performance locally.
- Analyzes departmental spends with certain suppliers and recommends consolidation or redirection to preferred suppliers.
- Conducts periodic supplier surveys/evaluations/visits and provides feedback to sourcing managers.
- Conducts data analysis at the local level on suppliers, supply market, cost and price of goods and services that are supplied to Merck using available data.
- Responsible for risk mitigation plans.
- Keeps abreast of current procurement general knowledge, procedures, and business issues in order to facilitate effective and practical solutions to client requests, concerns, and inquiries.
- Continuously learns new areas of the global procurement supply sectors, its business practices, and issues in order to provide superior support to stakeholders.
- Continuously work with local stakeholders to understand and validate their needs.
- Assists in providing feedback to the sourcing managers regarding the integration of preferred supplier alliances including the effectiveness of the stakeholder/supplier interface, problem resolution and optimization.
- Makes recommendations on how to improve the existing environment.
- Participates on category teams providing technical support.
- Links market knowledge and site requirements to sourcing manager supporting the creation of breakthrough strategies.
- BS in Business, Finance, Engineering or related field
- A minimum of 5 years in procurement or related commercial, business, operations role.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communications skills and experience in influencing stakeholders at different levels.
- Proven ability to collaborate with a wide variety of individuals, including management, stakeholders, team members, other departments and suppliers.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Understanding of SAP.
Your role at Merck is
integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to
come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make
meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re
inventing for life.
If you need an
accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is
not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment
opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes
submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or
in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for
this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be
paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral
or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not
available for this position.
For more information
about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Procurement Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck