Associate Director, Human Resources Business Partner Job
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Right now, thousands of Merck associates are working to cure the world’s most complex diseases. We know that our people are the key to our success, which is why our Human Resources organization takes pride in building teams of skilled, forward-thinking individuals who contribute to Merck’s pioneering medical advancements. Our Human Resources department shares a spirit of attentive enthusiasm that helps support our associates in achieving new milestones in global healthcare.
This HR Business Partner position will provide HR support for the Boston (Longwood) Merck Research Laboratories (MRL). The HR, Associate Director will lead the HR initiatives, programs and operations in support of this fully integrated Discovery Site. This position will be a key member of the Boston Leadership Team and be responsible for all HR Business Partner support for designated functions. Key areas of focus include partnering to drive talent management strategies and programs such as talent acquisition and development, rewards & recognition, employee engagement and retention.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner with Site Leadership to execute HR related programs that enable a strong collaborative culture of innovation, commitment and scientific exploration
- Partner with management & HR functional business partner colleagues on workforce planning strategies, hiring plans, recruitment & selection strategies and onboarding process
- Partner with Recruiting and Staffing to provide oversight on implementation of workforce hiring plan
- Coach managers on employee relations, culture matters and partner with Employee Relations COE
- Partner with CoE’s to ensure execution of compensation & benefits programs
- Perform analytics on effectiveness
- Ensure compliance with all state & federal employment programs and practices
- Oversee HR Processes & Operations
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Human Resources Generic/Consultant Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck