Senior Engineer, Technical Operations Job
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Responsible for providing technical support to the Bottle/Blister/Vaccine/Specialties Integrated Production Teams in determining best method for providing optimum performance in manning, equipment, systems, documentation, and asset utilization. Also responsible for performance support and troubleshooting for products packaged at MMD-Wilson. Working closely with Packaging Technology for the transfer of new products and processes from MRL or other MMD site to MMD-Wilson.
Primary Activities Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the scale-up and technology transfer of pilot processes to production scale for MMD-Wilson.This includes support for equipment design, equipment qualification, process demonstration, and process validation.
- Responsible for managing capital and expense projects for installation and qualification of new packaging equipment and modifications/optimizations to existing equipment
- Provides technical assistance to packaging operations in the resolution of processing problems for in-line products.
- Provides technical assistance for quality and regulatory activities including site inspections and preparation of technical documents for FDA observation.
- Responsible for completing all engineering/process development activities with the highest regard for all Merck Divisional policies and Wilson site procedure for safety, quality, and regulatory compliance.
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemical/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Pharmaceutical Sciences (or equivalent)
- B.S. in Chemical/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Pharmaceutical Sciences and a minimum of four years of experience in Pharmaceutical unit operations or Process Design
- M.S. in Chemical/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Pharmaceutical Sciences and a minimum of three years of experience in Pharmaceutical unit operations or Process Design
- Broad background in pharmaceutical packaging
- Proficiency in equipment project management, from conception and initiation, through close-out.
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills
- Excellent analytical and decision-making ability
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Packaging or Process Equipment Qualification experience
- Experience with Inhalation/granules/bottle/blister/vaccine packaging preferred
- Experience with specification design of printed and non-printed components preferred
- Experience with medical device design preferred
- Packaging or Process Equipment Purchase, Installation, and Qualification Experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Process Engineering
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck