Director, Merck Creative Studios Job
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth,
N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health
care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines
and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement
lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space
where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is
backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to
achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Reporting to the AVP Strategic Sourcing and Enterprise Services (SSES), the Director of Merck Creative Studios leads the Strategy, Business Development, Account Management and Operations for Merck’s in-house creative agency. The ideal candidate is a dynamic leader who demonstrates proven success in leading a team of professionals to deliver highly creative, innovative and cost effective solutions for all business units in North America as well as for globally based internal clients. This leader is responsible for 12 Merck team members and approximately 80-100 third-party creative agency staff, using a flexible staffing model.
The Director, Merck Creative Studios is accountable for demonstrating to senior leaders the value, innovation, creativity and cost efficiency of our in-house agency in support of Merck’s business objectives and financial goals. This position is also responsible for managing our in-house agency’s business, ensuring that the work is aligned with the company’s mission and vision and ensuring creative projects are completed on time and within budget. Additionally, the Director of Merck Creative Studios ensures the organization’s success by providing strategic vision, employee development, and optimal deployment of our partner’s resources.
- Contributes to SSES overall global strategy development; provides information, recommendations and strategic direction to the SSES Leadership Team.
- Drives the in-house agency strategy, business development, staffing model and vendor management.
- Influences business leaders and drives behavioral changes when needed to provide value to the company.
- Develops and communicates insightful data analytics to help inform business leader decisions and address their business challenges.
- Leads the overall delivery of in-house creative services including resources, operations, technology and cost management within the framework of Merck branding and policies, excellence in service levels, and cost efficiencies.
- Works closely with SSES Operations Management, CoEs and Process Excellence colleagues to deliver integrated solutions across the organization.
- Performs all required people management responsibilities including performance reviews, succession planning, talent assessments and workforce planning.
- Manages and monitors process performance measures and ensures best practices and operational improvement actions are implemented with consistent and continuous improvement.
- Ensures implementation and integration of key programs and program changes, including policies and sourcing methodologies.
- Provides feedback to SSES Leadership on service levels, customer experience, and input for redesigning or updating services and processes in order to increase levels of satisfaction and further grow the business.
- Ensures the timely, consistent and flawless delivery of creative projects, including webcasting, video, interactive, meeting support services, product launches, marketing and corporate communications materials for the enterprise.
- Leads the Merck internal team and external partner relationship to provide support and guidance, ensuring customer needs are anticipated and met or exceeded.
- Develops appropriate business metrics and ensures proper staffing and service levels to meet or exceed company business needs.
- Ensures all materials and content are consistent with brand guidelines and policies.
- Understands the marketplace and positioning across segments and solutions to ensure that group business goals are consistent and differentiated when appropriate.
- Develops and maintains effective reporting, project billing and tracking systems for SSES budget as well as client budgets.
- Proactively engages business leaders with innovative solutions, in anticipation of their needs and to co-develop business strategy.
- Recommends creative options based on internal customers' business requirements, content delivery, and audience.
- Interacts with and influences executives to strategically position the organization and articulate the value proposition.
- Client focused - understand the needs of our clients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, matrix environment
- Possess a keen focus on business results
- Ability to manage a large team to ensure efficiencies
- Lead teams to develop Account Management and Process Excellence that aligns to business objectives
- Be a dynamic and supportive leader who sees the big picture and has a passion for the power of well-conceived shared services and an operationally best-in-class organization
- Ensure the continued development of staff for their growth and their ability to deliver on their clients’ needs
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields, including Marketing, Supply Chain, Business Management, Procurement, Operations Management, Process Management or related area
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant, client-focused experience including 5+ years of operations experience in an in-house or external agency, with demonstrated success
- Minimum of 5 years Creative experience, including leading a Creative Services team
- Previous experience in managing people and cross-functional projects
- Experience driving transformational change
- Proven success in developing teams, both internal and third party staffing
- Strong communications and influencing skills at senior levels
- Proven ability to collaborate with a wide variety of individuals, including senior management, stakeholders, team members, other departments and suppliers
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks In a dynamic environment
- Strong, demonstrated business development skills
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Master’s degree
- Creative Agency experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certified
- Change Execution Management (CEM) certification
Your role at Merck is
integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to
come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make
meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re
inventing for life.
If you need an
accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is
not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment
opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes
submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or
in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for
this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be
paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral
or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not
available for this position.
For more information
about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Services Procurement
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck