Senior Marketing Analyst, Engagement Analytics Job
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
This role is responsible for helping brands measure customer engagement and marketing impact across channels, and using insights to improve customer experience, engagement design, and marketing mix with a strong focus on digital. As a key member of the Consumer Marketing Center of Excellence (COE), the incumbent will be provided the opportunity to work cross-functionally across marketing campaigns and business initiatives leveraging data to inform the creation of ideal consumer experiences.
- Support adoption of best practices and generation of insights from various data sources to enhance consumer experience across all channels (website, TV, print, digital media, in-office, in-pharmacy, social media)
- Support development and transformation of overall Consumer engagement analytics framework; drive and align on key performance indicators, taxonomy, capabilities (tagging, tracking) processes and dashboards for analytics and reporting activities
- Analyze data and provide actionable insights via visually compelling presentations to stakeholders
- Collaborate with IT to implement and enhance data capture across our digital ecosystem, to ensure high data quality
- Provide engagement analytics expertise: provide internal consultation and facilitate sharing of best practices
- Support integrated and cross channel data driven design & approach based upon customer preferences, engagement behaviors, and commerciall objectives
- Proactively identify opportunities to streamline and enhance analytics and reporting function by building automation into reports that are manually distributed
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Computer Science/Engineering, Marketing, Business Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics or Economics
- 5+ years relevant work experience (customer engagement analytics)
- Experience with marketing technology products such as Google Analytics, Adobe, Exact Target, Marin, Tealium, Omniture or Unica required
- Knowledge and experience in utilizing analytics to support business decision making in marketing
- Knowledge and experience in digital analytics, online marketing metrics and/or key performance metrics required
- Experience with processing and analyzing complex data sets, and interpreting them to make business decisions required
- Experience with statistical modeling and data analysis methodologies
- Passion for learning new marketing technology tools and visualizing data outputs
- Experience with A/B and Multivariate testing
- Hands-on approach to work
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Strong experience working effectively across teams
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Marketing Communications/Channels
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck