Analytics Developer/Modeler Job
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
The individual will be responsible for the development of a new data model for the Global Clinical Operation’s Metrics, Analytics, & Performance (MAP) Team. Specifically, he/she will work to create a new data model to support the team’s metric dashboards & reports as well as analytic efforts. He/she will collaborate closely with MAP team members and MRL IT to ensure the backend data is available in a way that ensures efficient delivery and reuseability. He/she will work to ensure Merck technology standards compliance and identifies and pursues integration and leveraging of existing platform opportunities.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop conceptual, logical and physical data models to support GCTO reporting, utilizing data modeling tools such as ERWIN, ER/Studio etc. Data models should reflect a design that balances performance with re-usability
- Ensure business related content is provided for SLC documentation. Review and approve appropriate SLC/ Validation documentation and activities.
- Design and implement a security strategy across reporting structures
- Communicate with users related to new releases and functionalities.
- Ensure proper process and guidelines are in place to share and exchange data between applications & apply record retention policy
- Work with IT to make or approve system data changes (back-end/front-end) when appropriate and ensure system data changes follow defined process and these changes are properly documented.
- Ensure internal Service Level Agreement (SLA) for data availability are reviewed and updated as necessary.
- Monitor support metrics and performance for the system on routine basis to assess needs for improvements to the data model
- Provide support to MAP (Metrics, Analytics & Performance) team members in adhering to best data reporting practices.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of global standardized procedures for the use and maintenance of data across GCTO reporting.
- BS/BA degree with a minimum of 5 years Data Modeling experience; OR a MS/MBA with Data Warehousing Experience.
- Strong Data Modeling skills
- Able to identify critical input and outputs that drive business processes and evaluate process implications of system changes on the existing data model.
- Recognized as “team player”, possess good technical and communications skills
- Strategic mindset to identify opportunities to streamline business operations in GCTO
- Excellent Excel, MS Access, SQL (query), Data Modeling and Web design skills.
- Experience with implementation of complex technologies and business processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to manage through complexity and ambiguity along with competing priorities
- Ability to make a positive contribution as demonstrated by learning new skills and makings suggestions for process/procedure improvement.
- Experience modeling data structures in support of operational analytics and reporting
- Knowledge of clinical trial operations preferred.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Clinical Research - Clin Ops
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck