2018 MRL Regulatory Education and Learning Internship
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Merck Research Labs is currently recruiting for an Education and Learning Intern for the summer of 2018. This position will support the Health Registration Management (HRM) team with developing and implement strategies to for education, training and change management. Activities will be focused on the following:
- Assist in enhancing how we present key messages related to changes that impact the HRM user and stakeholder communities.
- Assist HRM team in the identification and implementation of new learning and communication tools.
- Work with MRL Learning and Development, IT and functional/business departments to understand the business needs, technical environment and education landscape in which to operate.
- Conduct focus groups and survey HDRM stakeholders to understand needs and concerns and translate those findings into meaningful opportunities.
- Required: Candidates must be currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Biostatistics, Data Mining, Predictive Analytics, Psychology, or related field.
- Available for 9-12 week beginning in June 2018.
- Must be returning to school in the fall of 2018.
- An understanding of tools and techniques used to expand understanding and learning in a large, multi-user environment.
- Familiarity with social media tools.
- An understanding of psychological learning factors.
- The ability to survey and conduct focus groups.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Employee Status: Temporary
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck