Associate Director, Regional Marketing, Insomnia Job
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the U.S. marketing team for BELSOMRA
This position will have primary responsibility for the development and execution of the consumer strategy supporting BELSOMRA. The incumbent will take the lead for one of the most important parts of the growth strategy for this brand and will have the opportunity not only to support growth of BELSOMRA but to lead the future of Merck as we navigate the changing business and media environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Consumer Strategy
- Lead the development and execution of consumer strategy, including, but not limited to:
- Consumer segmentation and targeting
- In-depth target profiling and persona research
- Positioning and messaging
- Tactical plan for consumer activation and retention
- Campaign development and tactical planning
- Media Planning
- Marketing program analytics : KPI, ROI analyses, scenario planning
- Identify and execute on innovative approaches to reaching our target audiences
- Support Global Communications
- Collaborate with Global Communications on development of internal and external communications plans
- Plan and execute media relations plans
- Support Investor Relations
- Support Investor Relations by providing regular briefings on product strategy and performance
- Collaborate with other members of the team, the Consumer COE and SC&MI groups to drive new and innovative approaches to reaching target consumers
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of (5) years combined Marketing, and/or Promotion experience.
- Advanced degree
- Demonstrated analytic and strategic thinking skills
- Experience in a consumer-related promotional role
- Track record for developing innovative tactics and approaches
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-functional influence role
- Experience with medical / legal review of promotional material
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Regional Marketing
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck