Administrative Assistant - Regulatory Affairs, CMC Job
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
The primary activities include and are not limited to the following:
- General Secretarial/Clerical duties
- Work requires the coordination and performance of multiple tasks while understanding the project principles and technical skills related to own work assignments.
- Work priorities and activities are reviewed with little supervision.
- Produces/completes various work assignments requiring advanced analytical ability, independent judgment, creativity and problem solving skills.
- Schedules complex, multi-leg and international travel
- Supports the use of Team Sites
- Communication Skills must be at a level to effectively interact with Merck executives and internal/external clients both on-site and remotely to maintain workflow.
- May coordinate special projects within the division/area.
- High School Diploma
- Advanced education or certifications such as (e.g. Certified Administrative Professional, Project Management Professional Certification, Professional in Human Resources Certification)
- Minimum of 8 years Administrative Assistant experience
- Advanced computer skills using MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point etc.) and operation of other peripheral devices
- SAP experience processing: Expense Reports; Purchase Orders and Payment Requests; Vendor Add Forms, as well as the capability to run reports within SAP
- Experience scheduling complex travel arrangements including multi-leg domestic and international travel
- Demonstrated experience with processing of Visas/Passports.
- Advanced secretarial/clerical abilities with a history of high performance
- Documented experience as a strong performer in current and past positions
- Ability to handle and prioritize a large number of simultaneous assignments
- Experience with event planning and coordination
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Experience with financial and budget tasks
- Minimum of 3 years Executive Administrative experience supporting executives (Associate Director, Director, Executive Director, VP or above)
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck