Senior Specialist, Oncology Promotions
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Oncology organization is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. At Merck, our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
This individual will support the development and implementation of an integrated marketing communications plan and multi-channel resources/tactics supporting the Healthcare Professional (HCP) promotional strategy for KEYTRUDA.
Responsibilities include, and are not limited to the following:
- Executes an integrated promotional plan and manages the creation, approval and delivery of individual programs and tactics, across all relevant channels (personal, remote, digital), to accomplish customer educations objecties and drive business results for KEYTRUDA.
- Leverages customer insights, channel preferences and capabilities, and best practices to deliver the promotional plan for the HCP segment. Ensures that promotional components link together to deliver a deliberate customer journey. Ensures communication objecties align with the intent of the promotional asset and channel capability.
- Works collaboratively with multiple teams supporting promotion, including the Market Research, Marketing Operations and Learning.
- Drives measurement and improvement of promotional effectiveness across the integrated promotional plan.
- Collaborates across business partners, Legal, Medical, OPAR and Marketing Operations during the review, approval and production steps of the promotional process. Applies the appropriate compliance policies and regulatory guidance to the delivery of promotional program and resources.
- Monitors Creative Agency SOW for KEYTRUDA and provides input to Agency evaluations. Responsible for all budget management processes for assigned projects, and manages expenses within Merck guidelines.
- Manages consistent utilization of branding hallmarks and creative concepts, across resources and channels
- Demonstrates leadership Behaviors.
- Maintains alignment to GHH compliance goals and policies.
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Masters in Business Administration preferred
- A minimum of 2-years experience in marketing or marketing support of pharmaceutical products.
- Experience in the end-to-end Promotion Medical/Legal review and delivery process; knowledge of commercial, regulatory and legal compliance policies.
- Demonstrated ability to execute a brand or customer marketing strategy
- Experience and success in cross-functional collaboration
- Strong knowledge of marketing principles, ability to make business decisions, and analytical skills with the ability to synthesize complex data into a recommendation or path forward.
- Experience supporting Specialty and/or Oncology business.
Job: Marketing Communications/Channels ONC
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck