Senior Specialist, U.S. Customer Segment Marketing (MBA)
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Sr. Specialist, U.S. Customer Segment Marketing role is responsible for developing a deep understanding of key customer segments, developing strategies to drive growth in those segments, and creating innovative and effective solutions across the assigned brands.In this role, the Sr. Specialist will join one of our Segment/Solutions teams and support efforts to build innovative programs and resources.
Primary responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Develop deep understanding of the customer segment and provide actionable insights to inform brand strategy and planning teams
- Develop customer-segment marketing communication plans, solutions and resources that align with the integrated brand/customer strategy for assigned brands
- Lead activities to gain approvals for all assigned projects, including prioritization meetings and resource reviews
- Partner with the brand team and the assigned agencies to ensure that all resources meet the objectives of the customer segment and marketing teams
- Manage budgets for assigned projects and support the annual budget planning process
- Interface with point Account Executives through appropriate channels in order to obtain feedback and insight into customer needs and feedback on solutions developed
- Develop appropriate pull-through materials and customer-related solutions for field sales
- Provide analytical support to the brand team focused on payer trends, risks, influences and opportunities as it pertains to assigned brands
This position also includes acceptance to the Accelerated Development Program which focuses on broadening business acumen through business unit rotations in account management, finance, commercial analytics, contracting and marketing.
- Currently enrolled in a program leading to a Master in Business Administration with a Graduate date of June 2018
- A minimum of 1 plus years of professional work/internship experience
- Account management experience
- Marketing experience
- Healthcare experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Market/Segment Development
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck