Sr. Specialist, Engineering Job
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply their technical and project management skills as a member of a multidisciplinary team within the site’s asset management group that supports a facility that produces both pharmaceutical, biologics and vaccine products.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide project engineering and management support to internal capital and expense projects for Elkton Site as assigned, including scope development, estimating, budget, scheduling, and project management of design, construction, and commissioning validation support.
- Manage internal and external engineering firms on the design and install of projects.
- Work with the site wide facility contractor by providing direction and technical insight regarding the given project, as required.
- Work with construction trades and on-site maintenance groups to provide guidance and clarity during construction phase of the project.
- Provides technical support to Infrastructure Group, and other site departments, as needed for troubleshooting, repairs and upgrades.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements (cGMP, Safety, and Environmental) are met during all phases of the design and construction of the project.
- Work with maintenance planners to implement the necessary PMs, turnover documentation, and required spare parts so that the systems or equipment can be established as a reliable asset.
- Provide leadership when safety, environment, or standard work requirements are not followed, so as to address issues in real time.
- Manage conflict or disagreement between owners and contractors on design, install, and final completion of a project.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or related scientific field of study. Military service or maintenance experience will be considered in lieu of education, for individuals having experience in project engineer or management.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant industrial experience related to project engineering or management.
- Excellent technical, organizational, interpersonal, collaborative and verbal/written communication skills are required.
- Strong problem solving skills and a hands-on approach to problem solving, with a bias toward addressing issues in a hands-on manner, in the field.
- Ability to read mechanical, electrical and P&ID drawings.
- Have knowledge of building and plant site utilities systems (steam, water, compressed air, HVAC and electric).
- Have knowledge of construction that is related to install of new facilities, and how it relates to different utilities.
- Must be self-motivated, independent engineer with strong analytical and problem solving skills to provide engineering and or technical support to utilities and process systems.
- The successful candidate will have a strong attention to detail, while being quality and customer-centric.
- Experience with cGMP in a regulated industry.
- Project Management Professional Certification.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Mechanical Engineering
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck