2018 MRL Publications Coordinator Summer Intern Job
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Publication Practices and Standards, within the Global Scientific and Medical Publications (GSMP) department is seeking a summer intern interested in the management of peer-reviewed medical publications in the pharmaceutical industry.
- The intern will work closely with GSMP personnel to assist with tracking, database entry, reports and updates and will report to the Director Publication Practices and Standards.
- The internship will provide exposure to many aspects of the medical publications development process by assembling information and maintaining publication databases.
- This opportunity will expose the intern to all areas of the Department and provide beneficial experience and understanding of pharmaceutical industry medical publications development process.
- Required: candidates must be currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in biology, pharmacology, or a science-related discipline, with an interest in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Candidates must have completed at least (2) years towards degree program by June 2018
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently with good project management and organizational skills.
- Must be available for full time employment for 9-12 weeks during the months of June-August
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Experience writing, editing and reviewing scientific content.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Employee Status: Temporary
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck