Associate Director, MMD Enterprise Solutions PMO Job
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Assoc. Director, Enterprise Solutions Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for facilitating the development and realization of the Enterprise Solutions strategy by utilizing change execution methodologies, coordinating organization-wide communications and overseeing the rollup and dissemination of key performance indicators. This position will partner with team leaders to plan and execute a portfolio of projects and programs and is expected to contribute to ongoing business process improvements. Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible to organize and manage a portion of the Enterprise Solutions portfolio of projects and programs, including communications, change management & metrics reporting.
- Acts as a Change, Communication and Transformation (CCT) Steward supporting all CCT related topics across the full scope of Enterprise Solutions.
- Manages project teams responsible for executing multiple cross-functional and cross-divisional initiatives.
- Guiding teams through business case development, management approval, execution, and termination/closeout of integrated project plans appropriate to the priority and complexity of each project.
- Providing mentoring, coaching, and oversight to team members and other project managers.
- Providing Merck organizational and process expertise to teams to enable identification of robust business requirements, change management, and program governance/sponsorship.
- Ensuring project schedules and risk management plans are fully developed and updated, change control procedures are followed, and communications within and from the teams are clear and effective.
- Collaborating effectively with functional areas, support functions, and external partner functions (as applicable) to facilitate project delivery.
- Leveraging relationships and networks to improve and enhance team dynamics; proactively identifying and removing obstacles to drive business results.
- Coordinating with Process Stewards and other team leaders on various initiatives and projects.
- Preparing reports that summarize project status/issues and documents/presentations for senior management/governance and other committees.
- Preparing for, facilitating, and documenting outcomes of team meetings, ensuring meetings have clear purpose and objectives and that conflict is surfaced and resolved.
- Managing or administrating cross-functional/cross-divisional governance teams or alliance committees.
- Actively participating and completing ongoing training and personal development activities to increase leadership competency and to gain knowledge and skill across the diverse business processes supported by Enterprise Solutions.
- · Minimum of Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering, Logistics or other relevant field
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: OE/Six Sigma
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck