Specialist, Continuous Improvement – Merck Production System
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Champion Lean Six Sigma/Merck Production Systems (LSS/MPS) Initiatives-Educate, communicate and excite the organization on LSS:
- Generate interest for LSS across Wilson, promoting common LSS language across Wilson.
- Leading others and supporting and implementing the MPS/Lean Six Sigma programs as necessary.
- Assist with development of visual workplace and proper execution of tier process
- Encourage a culture of problem solving, continuous improvement, and customer focus
Providing expertise to teams/site including:
- Continuous Improvement concepts such as Six Sigma (DMAIC, Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)), Lean Manufacturing, Change management and High Performing Organization.
- LSS principles of teamwork, methodology, business benefit, innovation and customer focus.
Performance Monitoring and Data Analysis
- Assess business process efficiency and performance.
- Identify LSS financial and non-financial goals.
- Realizing business process improvements and measuring/reporting initiative results.
- Provide consultation to various functions to establish and maintain meaningful metrics
- Manage and report site metrics as requested
- Identify opportunities for improvement and support projects through discovery, design and implementation.
- Serve as team member on cross-functional MPS Lean projects.
- Assist with implementation of best practices across the Wilson site.
- Identify best practices within the site and build network for best practice sharing.
- Share best practices from other Merck divisions and corporate-wide activities.
- Continuous Improvement
- Drive scientific problem solving
- Develop and implement standardized work.
- Support creation of visual management tools, 5S, and tier process
- Lead activities to drive operational improvement including OEE, SMED, and TPM.
- Lead transformational change and work on identifying greatest LSS opportunities across the Wilson site.
- Provide leadership for Merck Sigma knowledge management and sharing (i.e. training).
- Recommend and develop training curriculum on specific lean and six sigma tools as needed
- Build and develop personal lean understanding and skill set
- Work with MPS sponsors/team leader supporting continuous improvement projects through mentoring and coaching
- Work directly with sponsors to support change initiatives.
- Active participation with continuous improvement team leaders
- Serve as team member for critical site projects
Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Functional experience in operations, technology/engineering, supply chain, or quality. (1+ years or more)
- Green Belt/ Lean Level 2 or equivalent
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: OE/Six Sigma
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck