Medical Affairs Project Manager/Business Intelligence Analyst Job
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The USMA Project Manager (MAPM) position is a core function within US Medical Affairs that supports the achievement of our scientific and medical strategies. Specifically, the MAPM will partner with leadership to develop metrics, reports, and dashboards providing transparency into business performance and surface opportunities for improvement. The MAPM will perform statistical and qualitative analysis, making extensive use of data, explanatory and predictive modeling in order to inform our USMA Strategy.
Secondarily, the MAPM will work across functional areas within Merck to drive the project management of new and existing efforts aligned to the Medical Affairs strategies. The role involves the development and execution of project plans, the identification and creation of needed resources, services and processes in alignment with applicable policies and guidance documents.
Primary activities include and are not limited to the following:
- Translate high-level business challenges into questions which can then be answered by data-driven analyses
- Gather data from multiple data sources including VEEVA CRM, SAP, HTR, Javelin (territory management system), DDW (Data Warehouse), and IRMS/GPIR to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making
- Analyze data sets, deliver insights, and make recommendations to improve business performance
- Partner with leadership to develop metrics, reports, and dashboards providing transparency into business performance and surface opportunities for improvement
- Drive standardization, quality, and automation of data and metrics used in reporting and analysis
- Complete operational duties as identified and assigned by Strategy and Ops Leader to support strategic and operational goals of the USMA organization
- Interface with External Agencies for ensuring streamlined processes for obtaining data and reporting
- Actively engages with Global Medical Affairs (GMA), Legal, Compliance, Brand Teams and other functional leaders to recommend solutions and/or process improvement to enhance our reputation with external scientific leaders.
- Adheres to the compliance and regulatory procedures, working closely with Global Compliance and Legal.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA/MA
- Preferred: Healthcare Field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in the pharmaceutical industry and/or Medical Affairs
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Strong critical thinking, learning agility, and problem solving skills
- Excellent leadership and project management skills in order to collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders across several technology platforms and business areas
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), stakeholder management and interpersonal skills; ability to interface and influence across various levels, including facilitation, consulting, negotiation, and presentationStrong personal integrity
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
- Working knowledge of SQL queries for data analysis and extraction
- Field-based medical experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Project Management Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck