Publication Coordinator, Oncology Job
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Oncology organization is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. At Merck, our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
The Publication Coordinator will work closely with Publication Managers, agency partners and internal and external publication stakeholders to assist with tracking, database entry, reports, updates, budgets and communication of Global Scientific and Medical Publications Department (GSMP) projects and outputs. With minimal supervision:
- Attend publication team meetings for planning knowledge and assist Publication Manager with note taking and meeting summary.
- Assist the Publication Manager in development and maintenance of publication plan slide decks.
- Assist with congress plan activities including maintenance of presentation trackers, document trafficking, author travel request management, archival of final versions and QR code process.
- Manage document flow to/from internal and external service providers, joint venture document review and clearance and independent manuscript review.
- Tracking and reporting of unsupported internal and external publication projects such as those from academic research organizations, cooperative groups, joint ventures and independent study initiatives.
- Datavision record maintenance, document posting, maintenance of journal and congress listings.
- Assist with Datavision agency financial management and reporting.
- Assist with medical communications agency contracting and budget management, reference requests, bibliography management, posting of study data packages for author access and delivery of protocol documents to journals.
- Assist with publication compliance-related activities and ensure that department-managed documents and archives comply with established company standards.
- Develop and maintain publication SharePoint/Engagezone site for the oncology therapeutic area.
- BS or BA with experience in a scientific discipline or clinical research
- 2 or more years medical communications agency, laboratory research, clinical research, scientific affairs or knowledgement management experience.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills to manage competing timelines and projects.
- Advanced interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Publication management software applications experience a plus.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Scientific Affairs
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck