Sr. Specialist Account Management (MBA) Job
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Sr. Specialist, Account Management role will support the current business needs of the Integrated Account Management organization while gaining experience with external customers and internal partners/stakeholders within Merck. Within Merck, the P3 role will have significant interaction with field based Account Executives and Directors, Brand and Payer Marketing, Legal, Finance and Distribution. This role will join a team responsible for one of the following areas: National Health Plan and Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) Account Management & Contracting or National Purchase-Based Account Management & Contracting. This role will be responsible for building trust and credibility with their assigned customers through strong interpersonal relationships, in depth knowledge of the customer's organization, objectives, and business and environmental issues impacting the customer, and in depth knowledge of the same for Merck.
Primary responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with Customer Manager, Account Executive or National Account Director to manage the business relationship between Merck and assigned accounts.
- Develop strategic/tactical account plans for assigned accounts. Objectives include the negotiation and implementation of contracting priorities, achievement of profitable formulary status for Merck products, evaluation of account performance and broader segment trends to optimize net sale for Merck.
- Assists with the development and analysis of customer and product-specific business modeling, ROI and forecasts that help achieve optimal net sales. This role may be tasked with:
- Producing the quarterly discount accrual forecast which informs the annual profit plan and 5yr LROP in coordination with the Customer Manager team, Finance and Brand/Payer Marketing.
- Providing insight into the performance of Merck discount programs and contracts that are available in the market. This would include the analysis of market trends, potential new product entrants, competitor positioning, customer enrollments and performance.
- Conduct Deal / No Deal analysis for new potential discount programs.
- Complete Ad-hoc modeling initiatives that will add business insight within the assigned segments.
- Provide oversight and control to contracting process through collaboration with team of established Customer Managers, legal and finance partners. Tasked with collaborating with the team and stakeholders to improve the efficiency of process and quality control of our contract executions, amendments, notices and program adjustments.
- Provide oversight and control to the communication stream between the contracting team and the field based Account Executives. Tasked with ensuring compliant, expedient and proactive communication of information to our field teams around contract updates, product availability and contracting strategies, field team initiatives, etc.
- This role will ensure that all communication is presented according to Policy, with the review and approval of our Compliance and Legal partners.
This position also includes acceptance to the Accelerated Development Program which focuses on broadening business acumen through business unit rotations in account management, finance, commercial analytics, contracting and marketing.
- Currently enrolled in a program leading to a Master in Business Administration with a Graduate date of June 2018
- A minimum of 1 plus years of professional work/internship experience
- Account management experience
- Marketing experience
- Healthcare experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Account Management Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck