Customer Team Leader - Oncology (Central US)
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Oncology organization is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. At Merck, our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
The Customer Team Leader (CTL) plays a critical role in inspiring sales representatives to identify opportunities to communicate critically important information to healthcare professionals to help improve the lives of patients living with cancer. We are looking for dynamic leaders who can motivate direct reports to exceed business objectives by leveraging the strengths of the individuals on the team to capitalize on their potential.
This district covers: Chicago, IL; Michigan; Indiana; Tennessee; Kentucky
Candidates must live within the established boundaries of the district
Overnight Travel: 50% (Travel % varies based on candidate’s location within the geography)
Through coaching, modeling, and providing executional oversight you can confidently lead a team of professionals to meet and or exceed agreed upon goals that ultimately benefit customers and patients.
The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following behaviors and attitudes:
- Be a self-motivated, high-energy professional who has a can-do attitude and a passion for putting patients first
- Possess strong leadership skills with experience leading teams through change in a fast-paced environment
- Be a creative and innovative thinker who can communicate with courage and candor
- Demonstrate best in class skills in account planning, management, and collaboration
- Organizes and analyzes complex information and data to identify possible solutions and weigh the value of each
- Inspires Oncology Specialty Representatives (OSR) to continuously direct their energy towards strategic team goals and objectives
- Has the ability to identify areas of strategic alignment with key internal and external stakeholders to meet business objectives
- Is motivated and driven by seeing others learn, develop, and advance within the company
- Provides frequent, consistent, and specific feedback that helps employees understand their strengths and development opportunities, and improve their performance
- Is committed to accomplishing objectives with the highest degree of integrity and in accordance with Merck’s values and standards
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA/MS
- Minimum of 5 years of Sales/Marketing experience in a Pharmaceutical and/or Health Science industry
- Minimum of 2 years of people management experience
- Documented history of strong performance in Sales
- Demonstration of strategic and execution oriented competencies
- Ability to analyze metrics to assess progress against objectives
- Experience developing new business opportunities with existing customers
- Valid Driver's license
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, or managed care organizations
- Minimum of 3 years of direct experience in the oncology marketplace
- Experience working in Marketing or Basic Research
- Experience selling in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech & Medical Device Industry
- Experience recruiting and retaining talent, as well as implementing appropriate performance management
- Experience working in relevant functional areas such as: operations, training, marketing, medical affairs, and account management
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Direct Sales Generic ONC
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck