Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform entry-level laboratory procedures and assist others in more advanced procedures for the production of veterinary biologicals according to strict government and company imposed guidelines. Assists in all areas of the production of RNA (RP) Particle Vaccine products manufactured in a USDA licensed facility.
Work activities include but are not limited to:
- Production of RP products for USDA licensure
- Maintenance of Vero cell line and related cell culture activities
- Assist with electroporation process
- Assist with RP harvest and formulation
- Make growth media
- Utilization of volumetric aseptic techniques
- Final serial formulation and fill
- Maintains production records according to regulations
- Updates training record as needed
- Clean glassware/Autoclave
- Restock lab with supplies
- Perform other duties as required
- Associates Degree or related science or High School diploma with 2 years relevant work experience
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must have ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Must have good mathematical abilities
- Must be familiar with laboratory procedures
- Experience in cell culture and laboratory technique preferred but not required
- Experience working in a manufacturing setting preferred but not required
- Experience following approved protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Technician-Biochem Manuf
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck