IT Platform & Robotics Team Lead, Global Services
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Information Technology organization partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world. Ours is a high energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing Merck’s contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
How will you invent the future?
As a GSF IT- Technology Delivery Lead at Merck’s Austin IT HUB, you will be part of inventing tomorrow. Our Innovative centers are where great people come together and deliver solutions that save and improve lives.
We are seeking motivated talent interested in solving problems to improve tomorrow.
Be overseeing the delivery of transformational initiatives for Merck’s enterprise-wide business functions (i.e. Finance, Human Resources, Facilities, etc). The position will work closely with IT client services leaders, IT country leaders, technology hub teams, and business colleagues to deliver against these initiatives.
As the Lead, you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Responsible for prioritizing requirements and creating conceptual prototypes and mock-ups collaborating with the development team as needed
- Act as a liaison between the technical team and the customer during analysis, design, configuration, testing, and deployment phases
- Oversee and facilitate cross-functional work teams including external vendors to define the project scope and objectives, develop preliminary project plan and design
- Determine necessary resource and project timeline. Review and track status of project and periodically report to management
- Help to establish a Robotics Process Automation (RPA) Center of Excellence
- Responsible for continuous evolution of the capability and service.
- Bachelors Degree in IT, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Solution Architecture experience
- Prior experience working effectively within a virtual team, gathering strategic direction from opportunity owners and considering inputs from team members
- Strong Leadership skills with the ability to effectively influence others without direct authority
- Ability to lead and balance multiple, highly visible projects simultaneously
- Well organized, able to adjust work schedule to fit project needs and changing priorities
- Experience managing, setting goals & career development for a team of direct reports
- Experience managing third party vendors
- Passion for technology and solid knowledge of enterprise global IT requirements and competitive offerings
- Prior experience collecting business requirements and translating them into scalable and reusable technology solutions
- Robotics and Process Automation Tools
- Data analysis
- Application and platform integration
- Finance and HR domain experience
- End-to-end SW development
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Austin IT Hub, LHH022018
Job: Service Delivery/Management
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck