Medical & Scientific Liaison Manager, Hospital Acute Care and Infectious Diseases (Ontario/Qu...
Today’s Merck is a
global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription
medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new
kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier
future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill,
diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to
create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of
our team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and
dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Medical & Scientific Liaison (MSL) manager
will lead the MSL team assigned to given therapeutic areas. The MSL manager
will also provide input into the medical strategy and ensure that it translates
into concrete tactical plans in the field.
activities would include:
- Ensures that each MSL has a territory plan
that is strategically aligned with the Medical Affairs Plan
- Hires, manages, coaches and develops a group
of MSLs assigned to his/her therapeutic areas to ensure the highest quality
scientific exchange in line with the Medical Affairs plan.
- Performs regular field visits with each MSL
in his/her therapeutic areas
- Gathers field insights that will be shared
internally as appropriate
- Provides input into the therapeutic area
Medical strategy lead by the Medical Advisor
- Ensures that there is adequate and compliant
cross-functional collaboration between the MSLs and internal stakeholders
- Organizes regular team meetings
- Establishes the objectives of his/her MSLs
- Conducts mid-year and year-end reviews of
- Develops and maintains up-to date scientific
knowledge around relevant disease areas, products within those areas and
Given that this will be a field-based position, the
expectation is that the MSL manager be in the field 60% of the time. This position must be based in either Ontario
- Education: PharmD, M.D. or Ph.D.
degree is required
- Experience: Successful candidate
must possess 3-5 years of industry experience in Medical Affairs.
- Previous experience as an MSL is required.
- People management experience a strong asset
- Language: Bilingual (French and
Skills and Competencies:
- Preference to candidates with demonstrated people management and team
leadership skills, as well as listening and coaching skills
- Demonstrated ability to translate scientific strategy into tactical and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to create a working environment which fosters
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong ethics and integrity.
Solid knowledge of GCP principles and of the Canadian IMC code.
- Ability to work in high performance teams, and in a matrix organization. Ability to negotiate and influence others.
- Excellent team player; must excel at teamwork in cross-functional
groups. Must be able to interact
successfully with a variety of individuals at the local level, including
Medical Advisors working in different therapeutic areas, commercial teams and
contract research organizations (CROs).
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We
demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and
valuable rewards program. Merck's benefits are designed to support the
wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the
people that matter the most in their lives.
Merck is an equal opportunity
employer, proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives
Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms
for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails.
All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the
Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement
in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No
fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of
the referral or through other means.
Job: Medical Affairs Generic - Field Based
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck